Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Alicia: Friday blues and a rainy Sunday


Don't bother me, I'm trying to sleep here! 



I came home from work on Friday feeling blah. It's that inescapable feeling of something not being right, but you can't really put your finger on exactly what it is. You can't just say you have a headache and take some Aspirin. I was just feeling out of sorts in general. Thankfully, I had the puppy encouragement squad to cheer me up. I curled up on the couch with Samantha and Miko to spend the evening watching America's Next Top Model. (Don't judge me. Whatever you are thinking, just keep it to yourself. I like the show, no matter how silly it is. At least it isn't Keeping up the Kardashians!)

I had a green-ish juice to help combat whatever I seemed to be coming down with. Into the juicer went:
  1. A medium sized Pink Lady apple
  2. A tiny green Granny Smith apple
  3. 4-5 leaves of Romain lettuce
  4. 4 Large carrots
  5. A 1" hunk of ginger
All it all, it was quite tasty. I had a yogurt for dinner and then decided that I didn't feel like eating anything else. That's how you know I was out of sorts. I usually have the appetite of a teenage boy! I went to bed early and spent the rest of the night reading. I really know how to get down with my bad self on a Friday night! 

Saturday was spent sleeping in. We met our realtor in the afternoon and spent a couple of hours looking for houses in the area. We found some potential places yesterday, but nothing that really stood out. I am hoping we can find something as close to perfect as possible in the next week or two. 

It started raining last night and continued on through the night and into this morning. People are saying that this the most rain that have had in a long time. Californians are so funny. There are weather forecasts out all over the place in advance of what can be optimistically called a persistent drizzle.

I have started reading Steelheart in anticipation of meeting Brandon Sanderson on the 20th. I figure I can get through it and the next book, Firefight, before the big day. So far, I can say it is awesome! It reminds me a lot of the Mistborn trilogy mixed with George R. R. Martin's Wild Cards series. It is the perfect thing for a rainy day. 

Oh, and I am feeling much better now. 
Puppy kisses did the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment