Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Alicia: Swimming Drama and Starbucks

It was supposed to be simple. I was going to swim after I checked in at work this morning, but the pool was filled with rescue swimmers working on their recertification. I am glad that they are making sure they are in the best shape to rescue anyone that may need their help on a Navy ship, but I still really just wanted to swim this morning! It looks like they will be occupying the pool tomorrow morning as well. At least I don't have to waste my time driving over there just to head to Starbucks after I get turned away. Prior preparation is the key to success! 

Speaking of Starbucks, I have taken taken up residence at my usual table and am enjoying the chance to catch up on some reading and writing. I tried the new Starbucks drink that came out on Tuesday - the Flat White. It is a double shot of espresso with whole milk. I liked it! My Starbucks addiction is currently being fueled by Justin's generous gift card Christmas present. Thank you husband. :)

The rest of the day holds a trip to the book store, house cleaning and an attempt at a new recipe. I will be trying to make quinoa stuffed bell peppers. I am using the recipe found here: Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
I am leaving out the chilies and feta cheese. No chilies because I am a total wimp about spicy food and no feta cheese because Justin has a weird aversion to it. Hey, don't ask me. I have no idea why he doesn't enjoy one of the most amazing of cheeses.  

1 comment:

  1. Entertaining! I hope the stuffed peppers turn out.

    ReplyDelete